Dr Chikly's Protocol for Brain Therapy Level 1 - Basic Hand Locations.
The Brain Therapy Curriculum is an advanced-level course that takes us to the next realm of manual therapy. It explores the brain, spinal cord, white matter, grey matter, and also in this level brain nuclei such as corpus callosum, septum pellucidum, indusium griseum, fornix, thalamus, globus pallidus, amygdala, hippocampus, brainstem, cerebellum, etc. The body often aligns itself around these precise structures, and they are frequently unaddressed key/dominant tissue restrictions.
Many topics will be covered in the Brain Therapy classes, in general, including:
- 1. Cranial bones (intraosseous and interosseous lesions) Claustrum
- 2. Cranial membranes in all anatomical directions
- 3. Fluid: 3 distinct compartments
- a. Subarachnoid spaces and cerebral cisterns
- b. Brain parenchyma and the glymphatic system
- c. Ventricles
- 4. Grey Matter: 3 and 6 layered cortex and brain nuclei
- 5. White Matter: 3 types of organization
- 6. Electro-magnetic field (EMF) of the brain
- 7. Emotions, as well as mental or spiritual dimensions.
Brain Therapy 1 is an advanced class that use a slightly different paradigm by working extensively with the brain parenchyma, grey and white matter, cranial and spinal structures, rather than mainly concentrating on the cranial bones and membranes.
The techniques presented in this class can probably help most of your patients, but it can specifically help pathologies such as closed-head injuries, whiplash, headaches, dyslexia, cerebral palsy, cognitive behavioral dysfunctions, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, and Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease. Students will learn specific techniques to release brain-centered restrictions as well as the damaging effects that these restrictions cause.
These posters only cover the basic hand locaitons of Brain Therapy level 1.