Silent Waves is the bible in the field of lymph drainage therapy. Author Bruno Chikly, MD, is a skilled physician and true healer, and he is the Einstein of this rapidly developing field.
Larry Dossey, MD, Executive Director, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, Author of nine books including Healing beyond the Body, Reinventing Medicine and Healing Words.
Lymph Drainage Therapy is an innovative hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO.
It has been created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries. LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. With these skills, practitioners can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels. With developed listening skills LDT practitioners are able to use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…).
Lymph Drainage Therapy has been taught for almost 20 years to about 16,000 therapists throughout the world.
LDT is a gentle technique that works through the body's interstitial and lymphatic system to activate the body liquid circulation and stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
Advanced LDT practitioners develop the skill to perceive and respond to the body's innate ability to heal itself. The practitioner can then reroute the lymph by following the subtle indications given by the body enhancing the healing process. This eliminates mental mistakes in assuming we know what the body needs and therefore enforcing pathways that are not optimal. Honoring the intelligence of the body ensures deeper and long lasting results.
Advanced practitioners are taught how to “map” the lymphatic pathways with their hands (Manual Lymphatic Mapping – MLM) as well as to assess the client before, during and after the session. They also discover how to identify precise areas of the body where there is fluid stagnation or fibrosis, and then find the most appropriate pathways for drainage.
Trained students learn how to work with muscles, fascia, tendons, periosteum, viscera, synovial fluid, chambers of the eyes, dura, pia, and blood vessels.
LDT also includes advanced techniques such as Lympho-Fascia Release (LFR) to simultaneously release lesions in the fascia and fluid of the body. These techniques can be applied to fascia, viscera, ligaments, tendons or trigger points in the body.
Another branch of LDT will use specific techniques for the synovial fluid to release joints in the body, including articulations rarely addressed such as the embryological articulations. (See FAR - Fluid Articular Release)
Support and Reference Materials Available
- The Book Silent Waves: Theory and Practice of LDT: 450 pages, 50 pages of scientific references, the first comprehensive book in North America on the lymphatic System
- DVD-Dissection-Human Lymph System (2 DVD)
- DVD-A Miniature Universe: one the highest resolution microscope in the world for living tissue.
- CD - Body Lymph Drainage Therapy Sequence (out of stock)
- CD - Face Lymph Drainage Therapy Sequence (out of stock)
- CD Set - Lymph Drainage Body & Face Sequence (2) (out of stock)
- CD- Journey Through the Lymphatic System (out of stock)
- Chart - Body Lymphatic Circulation
- Chart - Neck,Face & Cranium Lymph Circulation
- Chart Set - Lymph Circulation Face & Body Set (2)
- Brochure: Discover LDT (100 per package): These brochures explain the value of LDT in terms your clients can understand.
Liver, Pre & Post Treatment: Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) Level 1 and 2