Registration: 8:30 a.m. First day
Class: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Last Day: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Times are subject to change.
Lymph Drainage Therapy is a cutting-edge, hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO, LMT.
It was created from his award-winning research on the lymphatic system, consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
LDT1 takes traditional lymph drainage techniques and adds a level of precision. LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth, and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. Skilled practitioners with developed listening skills can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels.
LDT practitioners use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation and determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc.). Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements.
These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
Bring comfortable, loose-fitting clothes. Some of these approaches require touching exposed skin, we encourage you to bring a bath towel, lab clothes, and appropriate undergarments so that you are comfortable.
Short fingernails are required for some techniques.
Due to the potential chemical sensitivities of your classmates, please refrain from wearing perfumes or oils to class.
You are welcome to bring a treatment table.
If you are unable to bring a treatment table, you can bring a yoga mat for use on the banquet table.
Tuition Transfer: The tuition is fully transferable up to 7 days before the start of the class.
Within 7 days, a $100.00 administrative fee will apply.
Tuition Refund: Tuition refund requests must be made in writing. Emails are acceptable. Tuition is fully refundable up to 30 days before the start of the class, after which your tuition is non-refundable. In case of an emergency, any requests for a refund later than 30 days before class starts will be considered case-by-case.
Hand Crafted Therapy
3303 Central Expressway, Ste 240
Plano, TX 75023
This venue is close to restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores.
There are local hotels and Airbnb's nearby.
Silent Waves, All of Part 1, All of Part 2; Part 5 Chapter 1, all of Part 6.
Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 Anatomical Terms
To be best prepared for LDT1, be sure you clearly understand the following words and, as applicable, know where to locate them in the body:
• Proximal, distal, medial, lateral, anterior, posterior, superior (cephalic), inferior (caudal)
• Acute, subacute
• Afferent, efferent vessel
• Basal membrane, dermo/epidermic junction
• Interstitial fluid, interstitium, intracellular/extracellular compartment
• Colloid, plasma, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)
• Lymph node, thoracic duct, cisterna chyli
• Lipid, fatty acid
• Sympathetic and parasympathetic innervation, macrophage, B and T lymphocytes, primary and secondary lymphoid organs, humoral and cellular immunity
• Antigen, antibody, plasmocyte, adenopathy, lymphoma, superior vena cava, inferior vena cava, internal jugular vein, subclavian vein, brachiocephalic (innominate) vein, common iliac artery, external and internal iliac artery, femoral vein
• Parotid gland
• Sternocleidomastoid, trapezius, spinal accessory nerve
• Axilla, inguinal, femoral triangle
• Medial-lateral epicondyle, medial-lateral malleoli
• Peristaltic contraction
• Antispasmodic (antispastic)