Registration: 8:30 a.m. First day
Class: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Last Day: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Times are subject to change.
Dr. Chikly put together quite a unique method for fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS - called ME in the UK) that is revolutionizing the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions.
CFS and FM share the commonalities of reduced midbrain and cortical blood flow, autonomic dysfunction, and abnormal lymphatic flow.
There is a need for non-invasive and effective treatment for the growing population suffering from these conditions.
These disorders have to be treated with a specific protocol to not precipitate an aggravation of the condition.
Dr. Perrin's approach was voted “the best manual technique for ME” by the members of the UK ME Association (2010) and “A cost-effective way to diagnose ME” by the British Parliamentary Inquiry (2006).
ASSESSMENT: The assessment will be done over 6 specific key lesions (3 in the front of the body, 3 in the back) + "limbic" structures in the brain for the possible emotional causes of CFS/FM, a protocol developed by Dr. Chikly. We will present one of the specific points of Dr. Perrin for these conditions. Dr. Perrin's points have been the subject of a preclinical study and are now under scientific investigation by the National Health Service (an equivalent of the US NIH) at Lancashire University, UK.
TREATMENT: The treatment will be principally a blend of Dr. Chikly’s lymph and brain techniques. The lymph techniques will include superficial and deeper lymph, mapping and rerouting, and some specific viscera work using a lympho-fascia release approach (fluid dynamics) to viscera such as the heart, stomach, pancreas, liver, etc. The brain techniques will include the brainstem, pons, mesencephalon, etc. Specific sacrum intra- or inter-osseous techniques will also be presented.
Once mastered, this is a 20 to 30-minute hands-on treatment for chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. It may be repeated 2-3 times to reduce most symptoms.
MS with significant fatigue can present the same specific points during the manual assessment and can typically respond to the same treatment protocol.
Many cases of infectious mononucleosis (mono) also respond very well to this treatment.
Class length: 3 days
- Evidence of immune dysregulation in CFS/ME: Hornig M, Montoya JG, Klimas NG, Lipkin WI, et al. Distinct plasma immune signatures in ME/CFS are present early in the course of illness. Sci Adv. 2015 Feb; 1(1): e1400121. PMCID: PMC4465185 NIHMSID: NIHMS694665.
- Evidence of chronic inflammation: Morris G, Maes M. Oxidative and Nitrosative Stress and Immune-Inflammatory Pathways in Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). Curr Neuropharmacol. 2014 Mar;12(2):168-85. DOI: 10.2174/1570159X11666131120224653.
- Evidence of Immune dysfunction and inflammation: Fletcher MA, Zeng XR, Maher K et al. Biomarkers in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Evaluation of Natural Killer Cell Function and Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV/CD26. PLoS One. 2010; 5(5): e10817. Published online 2010 May 25. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0010817. PMCID: PMC2876037
- CNS global hypoactivation: Jasona LA, Zinn ML, Zinn MA. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: Symptoms and Biomarkers. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015 Sep; 13(5): 701–734. Published online 2015 Sep. DOI: 10.2174/1570159X13666150928105725. PMCID: PMC4761639
- Evidence of brainstem dysfunctions: Barnden LR, Crouch B, Kwiatek R et al. A brain MRI study of chronic fatigue syndrome: evidence of brainstem dysfunction and altered homeostasis. NMR Biomed. 2011 Dec; 24(10): 1302–1312. Published online 2011 May 11. DOI: 10.1002/nbm.1692. PMCID: PMC4369126
- Evidence of Hypometabolism / "dauer" process: Naviaux RK et al. Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome. www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1607571113.
Bring comfortable, loose-fitting clothes. Some of these approaches require touching exposed skin. We encourage you to bring a bath towel, lab clothes, and appropriate undergarments to be comfortable.
Short fingernails are required for some techniques.
Due to the potential chemical sensitivities of your classmates, please refrain from wearing perfumes or oils to class.
Please contact the Institute at: student[email protected] if you can bring a treatment table.
Tuition Transfer: The tuition is fully transferable up to 7 days before the start of the class.
Within seven days, a $100.00 administrative fee will apply.
Tuition Refund: Tuition refund requests must be made in writing. Emails are acceptable. Tuition is fully refundable up to 30 days before the start of the class, after which your tuition is non-refundable. In case of an emergency, any requests for a refund later than 30 days before class starts will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Seats are limited. Reserve today: 480-999-0808 or [email protected] For any other inquiries contact [email protected]
5940 Blackfoot Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2B5
5940 Blackfoot Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2B5
There is no room block for this hotel